* * * * Duck. Little Brother, Duck! – Survival Is Not A Workout * * * *
Quote From “Circling The Drain” [ Duck. Little Brother, Duck! ] are a math rock (mostly instrumental) and emo band that really brings out the [ Faraquet ] and [ Piglet ] influences in their instrumentals. The vocals are amazingly reminiscent to noodley emo and post-hardcore bands of the 90’s. The riffs in this are so intricate and have a truly great math rock feel to them, whereas their contemporaries fail and lack originality.
I don’t know how many mathy bands I have listened to that just let me down with boredom… [ DLBD ] is not one of those bands. Now, I know that the song lengths may get in the way of some impatient listeners, but if you can leave the next button alone you will be in for a melodic and atmospheric treat.
The fact that this bands instrumentals can create visions in my mind, accompanied by soothing vocals, makes this album truly wonderful. Looking for something great in terms of modern math rock? I think you may have found it. Give these guys a listen and promote them as much as possible. This is a big file, so if anyone is going to have trouble downloading a 135 MB album, please contact me via Last.fm. Thanks, and enjoy.
References to [ Faraquet ] and [ Piglet ] well how about topping that up with [ Toe's ] ~ [ Cats and Cats and Cats ] ~ [ Mimas ] ~ [ Enemies ] ~ [ LITE ] and all the giant Math-rock artiksts you know of. Get the picture guys you in for a SUPER TREAT here.
Artist – Duck. Little Brother, Duck!
Album – Survival Is Not A Workout [ * * * * * ]
Release Date – 2010
Genre – Math-rock, Math-core, Noise-core, Math-noise [ BRILLIANT NOISE ]
01. Billy Mays (Don’t Move Here, “It’s A Trap!”) 06:02
02. Courtney Taylor Taylor (How Sexy Is Your Soul?) 06:29
03. Steve Jobs (All Is Fun Until Someone Gets Stabbed) 04:12
04. Marty Anderson (Guitar Hero Material) 03:52
05. Tre Arrow (Thanks For Smoking All My Weed… You Dick.) 01:28
06. L. Ron Hubbard (We Did One Of These At The Mall) 05:51
07. Phillip Seymour Hoffman (It’s The Wonder Of Nature Baby!) 06:05
08. Glenn Beck (Baby Blood Theft) 07:18
09. Tony West 01:03
10. John Steinbeck (Get Off My Phone!!) 08:15
11. Michael Jackson (No.. We’re Serious) 03:17
12. Karl Marx (A Brief Science of History) 00:39
13. Ted Haggard (The Future Isn’t Knocking At Your Door. It’s Pounding…) 05:55
14. Dov Charney (Neon Cotton Wormhole) 01:00
15. Yasir Arafat (Spidering Deep Into The Night) 16:56
Duck. Little Brother, Duck! – Survival Is Not A Workout
Recommendations: Terraforma | | Cameron Wisch | That Fucking Tank | You Slut!
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 13th, 2011 at 7:18 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.